05 April 2011

Flower Update

Dropped by Redlands Tennessee Florist after school today.  I needed to add 8 mixed flower arrangements and a wreath for the flower girls' hair.

When I first drove up, all the lights were off and the door was closed.  The same thing happened last week when I tried to go by, so I thought she was closed again!  But then I called, and she was there.  While looking up the phone number, I also saw that they had recently won an award for #1 florist based on votes in an IE publication.  Reading the reviews (after almost having a heart attack when I saw there was a 1 star...because we had gone with this florist because we had seen some of her work and she was associated with the venue and the price was right, but then saw that there was only one review that was negative that had been reposted several times at different sites), over and over it was repeated that Sandie had great customer service and really knew her flowers.  This proved to be true especially on this visit.  After talking about gardening and cooking and all kinds of other unrelated topics (as it has happened several times before when I've gone by), we got down to business and changed things up.

Primarily, we switched some flowers around.  We ditched the blue and purple dendrobium orchids.  Instead we're going with the blue-purple delphiniums.  So, now our bouquets are going to be: purple lisianthus, blue/purple delphiniums, white hydrangea, white dendrobium orchids, and lavender tipped white hydrangea in my bouquet.  The boys will have white dendrobium orchids with a peacock feather in their boutonnieres.  We're also adding peacock feathers to the mixed flower arrangements, the bouquets around the dance floor, and the altar arrangements.  I was pretty excited by the time I left Sandie's. 

Yay for bringing in peacock feathers and for Sandie's enthusiasm, which makes me feel more confident in my choices.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment