29 August 2009

Etiwanda Gardens in Pink, Loose Stones, and Logan in the Hole

We visited Etiwanda Gardens to see it set up for a quincinera -which is only differs from a wedding setup (according to Eddie) by having less flowers. Apparently Eddie just has to see things set up for him to get the picture. I'm buying him a bride magazine to peruse... They had pink table toppers with matching chair ribbons. From the ceiling hung strands of lights and some translucent floaty looking material...tulle? We took pix I'll post them later. I wounder if I could work lanterns into the decorations...I've always liked the way they look. I need to find a book of flower arrangements to see how easy or difficult it would be to design my own... And speaking to Rita on the way to the beach gave me hope of affordable flowers.

Follwing the Gardens, we headed to Jared's to look at wedding bands. If you ever have to go to Jared's with a kid, the playroom they have is fully stocked. TV/DVD, additional TV for game system, toy box of various vehicles, a climbing tower, coloring books! I probably had as much fun as Logan.

Eddie looked at some bands; he found that he liked the Tungsten bands, the darker color seemingly more manly. We looked at some rings for me... Because my center stone sticks out, none of the rings fit flush against it... Which means either we do a custom ring or I stick with the engagement ring as a wedding ring, which would actually be fine with me!

While we were at Jared's we thought we might as well have my ring cleaned. And good thing we did! Two of the diamonds in my ring were loose! The center stone and one of the side diamonds...eep. It's been all of two weeks! This ring is much too high maintenance for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment