30 August 2009

Ring around the rosy...

White gold, tungsten, titanium, stainless steel.
Comfort fit, brushed, matte, antiqued.
Hezelberg's, Zales, Daniel's, Kay's.

So many choices...
that after a while all look the same...
Good thing that it's Eddie looking, not me. :)

When we were at Jared's yesterday, he did find a ring that he liked... 14K white gold, grooved, and brushed something or other...



Today, a ring with pinstripes caught his eye...Eddie and his pinstripes...


He was also finding out more about the Tungsten and Titanium rings. He likes the color, but not the fact that you can't resize the ring. Tungsten and Titanium are also supposed to be super durable. One woman at Kay suggested that he buys two rings..one for formal wear and one for everyday wear.

Still no luck finding a wedding band that fits with my ring...so my options are 1) go without a wedding band and have the engagement ring serve both purposes or 2) custom made to fit my ring.

Talking about where we are with our wedding plans:

Photographer: www.triversityweddings.com Eddie's mom's coworker's husband (twice removed once replaced yadda yadda yadda ... ;) ) does photography. His starting price is $1000 for a full album, but we have yet to call for updated prices. We get all the photos on a CD and the price also includes engagement pictures. He works with a videographer who charges $500. I've looked at his website and his pictures look okay. I like his engagement pictures more than the wedding ones though.

Flowers: Eddie's friend Jeff's mom's company, a florist recommended to Eddie's mom, my friend's sister-in-law, flowers from LA....

DJ: Eddie's brother's friend is charging us $50.

Invitations: Make our own. Here's what I had in mind...
Favors: Back to the family theme...I was thinking we'd do cookies. Pineapple tarts for me, and the sugar cookies Eddie's grandmother used to make for them at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment