31 August 2009

Flower power

We still haven't decided on any colors etc., but I have been looking at various flowers. I still need to look to see what's local, what's in season (or will be in season), etc. etc. etc.

I'm calling my friend's sister-in-law for a consult just to see what prices are going to look like. I'd like to make a trip to LA some weekend and see how the flowers are set up down there...is it just bunches of flowers you arrange yourself? How much does it cost? Etc.

In the meantime, here are some flowers that I thought looked nice.

Arrangements of sunflowers, white and burgundy celosia, tuberoses, and other wildflowers


Dahlias, tulips, Queen Anne's lace, calla lilies, roses, phlox and scabiosas. Peacock feathers jutted out around the edges for an exotic touch


Roses, freesia, gerberas, delphinium, lisianthus and berries


Sunflowers with a few white and blue wildflower blossoms added. Ancient cultures believe sunflowers represent devotion.


Agapanthuses, calla lilies, and brown pods. Mostly interested in the agapanthuses. If we do calla lilies, I'd prefer them to not to be white.


Hydrangeas, tulips, irises, sweet peas, ranuculuses, and roses.


Lilacs, blue hydrangeas, and orange peonies burst with color. A burlap and raffia wrap completed the natural look.


Dahlias and orchids


Daylilies, hydrangeas, gerbera daisies, tulips, asters, peonies, and cranberries.


Red roses, purple irises, and mango calla lilies



I'm definitely feeling the orange, blue/purple. I really like orchids and the mango calla lilies.

No comments:

Post a Comment