24 August 2010

Guest book ponderings

Everyone wants to be "unique" and "original"...liberal sprinkling of such words probably gets you more hits on those wedding idea websites...

In any case, was thinking about the guestbook. Esther had two framed pix because her magazine wasn't ready in time. Ashley and Rhino had the photobook I was thinking about.

I read about having people sign objects and collect those objects into something (like if you had a beach theme, have people sign on shells, and collect them in a glass bowl). I think that may cause too much clutter, and I'll already have enough clutter by myself.

I've also read about the video booths, where people video themselves telling a favorite memory or whatever well wishes. I'm not really feeling that either because it sounds complicated, and I'm not sure I would want to sit through and watch it all at the end.

I had toyed around with having a tree to hang stuff on...but that sounds complicated and where would you keep such a thing in the long run? I guess you could collect the pieces of paper and put them into a book. But again, complicated.

I'm pretty much set on a book of some sort. I love the idea of favorite memories of the bride and groom, but am not sure how to get everyone to sit and write something out.

At Lisa's wedding, the one I attended with Matt, they passed out sheets and pens for everyone to fill out. I feel like that's too structured...although you can be pretty sure everyone filled one out.

I'm also still leaning towards the pictures in the book...probably pictures of us through the years? Kind of like the picture montage, but in print form, and maybe just with pictures of the two of us.

Speaking of the picture montage, I need to figure out who's doing that...or how to do it if I'm in charge of it.

2 comments:

  1. What's a photobook? The framed picture is a great idea, my friend did that and the photo is haning above their fireplace in the living room. Books are ok, but honestly, how often will you go through them? We've never once looked through ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photobook is basically a book with whatever pictures you select printed on blank pages and bound together. I prefer the book because I can imagine getting tired of looking at the same old picture all the time...and then what would you do with the picture when you're done with it? It would seem bad to just put it away somewhere. But a book is okay to put away and pull out when you're feeling nostalgic (I totally still pull out old yearbooks every once in a while). And I wouldn't want it to be strictly a guest book per se. I'd really rather have people write their favorite memories of us, or advice, or whatever silliness. I'll know who went to our wedding already...as we'll be getting the RSVP for all the food! ;)

    ReplyDelete