28 August 2010

I like to move it, move it

Aaaand I like pictures with motion.

Was thinking about the shawls and how I would like a picture with them moving somehow...tossed in the air, twirled around the girls, something with life... and I came the realization that I like pictures with things moving. I like the walking pictures, the jumping pictures, the look caught over a shoulder as someone turns to someone else; I just like pictures that show movement. And not necessarily those candid action shots that Eddie likes to take which also captures horrendous facial expressions as often, or MORE often, than not.

I think what I like about the movement is as if it's a snapshot of life. It's caught as it's happening, not posed (or posed as stiffly and formally as some of the wedding picturs that I also expect - and want - to take). It has energy.

I want pictures with energy. With grace. With laughter. With quirkiness (though I know that's not something that you can order up).

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should look for someone who does a lot of kids photos. Coz kids are ALWAYS moving and won't sit still. You can get some great "moments" coz it sounds like you want that rather than just "photos"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We already have our photog (Eddie's mom offered to pay for her friend's husband). I definitely want the "moments" pix, but I also want those traditionally posed photos

    ReplyDelete