25 March 2011

Floral frenzies...

Did you even know there were so many different types of bouquets???




Lisa’s bridal bouquet featured purple lisianthus, lavender and purple calla lilies, blue and green hydrangeas, green spider mums, and hypericum berries. This may be one of my favorite bouquets ever! I’m normally not a huge fan of calla lilies, but the gorgeous purple and white variety shown here really makes the bouquet pop.

Lisa’s bridesmaids carried coordinating bouquets in shades of green and blue with touches of purple.  Flowers included hydrangea, pom flowers, spider mums, and sweet peas. I think these are such sweet and romantic bouquets, and they looked fantastic next to the maid’s purple dresses.  I love how these bouquets coordinate without being too “matchy-matchy.

From http://www.flowersbysnapdragon.com/index.php/blog/

Lavender Bouquet, Lisianthus and Orchid Bouquet,

Kinda feeling the purple calla lily...

Eddie doesn't like the blue from the first two bouquets, and thinks there's too much green in the last two.  I think the green is okay to balance out the other colors.  I'm not really sure what to do with the blues though...maybe just see if she can add teal ribbon to the bouquets some how?

I need to talk to the florist again...  I think I want the purple calla lily, lisianthus, orchid, peacock feathers, and then to ask the florist how to add the hydrangea or the freesia or whatever other flower she may think fits.  I also want to ask her if she's wrapping the bouquets with ribbon and if so what colors she is using etc.

I also wanted to see if she can incorporate peacock feathers into Eddie's boutonniere and the groomsmen boutonnieres.  I still am feeling the white orchid and the peacock feather behind it...


1 comment:

  1. The calla and peacock bouquet is my desing, glad you like it.. Greatflowerlady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete