25 March 2011

I was absolutely FLOORED by this comment I read on theknot.com's website!

So I was checking out the etiquette for thank you notes for gifts received before the wedding and stumbled on this comment.  I was actually standing in line waiting to pick up a prescription from the pharmacy, and I was so taken aback I almost turned to the lady behind me in line to share this ridiculous comment! After reading this, I could barely believe she would even have any for friends to sure up to her wedding!

"I am FLOORED that so many people did not give or send gifts that attended our wedding. I would never DREAM of attending a wedding without either having had sent a gift already or bringing a gift with me!!! Although there were quite a few waiting for us when we got back from our honeymoon, we still have not received anything (not even a card) from about 1/2 our guests!! QUESTION: Is there a way to broach this subject with friends or family (which actually has hurt my feelings) that have not sent anything? I know I should take the higher road and still send a thank you card for attending but I feel that it's disrespectful to us as a couple to come and not even acknowledge how special of an event it was--and that we invited them to share it with us--with even the smallest token!!!!
by SandraHutchman on Nov 03, 2010"

Ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment