24 May 2011

Ceremony Program

So, in an attempt to put together something that others can help me with before final crunch time, I've started designing the program for the church ceremony.  There are thousands and thousands of designs out there: multi-paged, multi-folded, funny shaped, be-ribboned creations.

Upside down creation

I want to keep our design fairly simple - one page (if double sided).  I'm debating the use of ribbon (because that means someone is going to have to tie these ribbons!) vs. a square with our initials gluing the two layers down. Another ribbon option sans the tying of a thousand little bows would be like the second picture, where it's pulled through to have two loose, but not necessarily tied into a bow. In such an instance the loose ends would be much shorter, probably where my finger is pinching the ribbon.

Bow option
Loose ends option

I'm partial to two layers as I've always liked the vellum paper (as anyone who has seen past invitations I've made can tell you) - hence the need for the ribbon or paper anchor.  One design I've come up with has the wording printed on the vellum, over a white cardstock with our initials printed in the center.  I've also bought a corner punch with various designs to cut out of the corners of the white page. 

Initials under the vellum


Corner that I like the most
Corner option 2
Corner option #3, although not done correctly...wasn't centered when I punched it...

I'm also playing around with a no vellum option.  It would have our initials at the top, then the wording underneath with the corners cutoff to avoid being too plain.  The colors of the no vellum option would be mostly purple, as the cardstock would be on a purple base.  The hint of teal would be in the initials at the top of the page. 

Before I can complete the programs, I would also have to figure out the songs and such for the ceremony, and I would have to know the schedule of events ... unity candle, bouquet for Mary, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment