25 May 2011

Reception Program/Menu

As I was researching wording and styles and such, I also found that people do programs for the reception as well!...  I'm still not completely sold on designing yet another thing...though I did like the idea of having something with an outline of the reception and something with the menu...but I'm almost wondering if I could do something on a folded sheet of paper for each table, maybe attached at the bottom with ribbon to prevent it from falling over...  I'm envisioning a tented card with the menu and schedule of events...maybe two per table?...  At the same time, I don't want to overload the table with STUFF.
 
Here's the information for the menu side:
 
Cocktail Hour
Assorted (fruit/cheese/crackers) - (we actually still have to work this out with the reception venue)
Eggrolls
 
Dinner
Thai Beef Salad
Green Curry Chicken
Thai BBQ Chicken
Drunken Noodles
 
Dessert
Wedding Cake
Strawberry Victorian
Triple Creme
Carrot Cake
 
With each item I'll probably include a brief description (mostly for those people who haven't had the Thai food and want to know what's in what)
 
 
As far as the reception program side:
 
Introduction of the wedding party
First dance
Father - Daughter dance
Mother - Son dance
Grace
Dinner
Tea Ceremony
Photomontage
Toasts (Groomsman, Maid of Honor, Yam Seng?)
Cake Cutting
Dancing, Dancing, Dancing
 
We still need to talk with the DJ about our song selections, but that will be another post I'm sure...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment