18 May 2011

Check and check

(had this from May 7th... just never posted it...) Went to pick up Mei's dress, but it was still tight under her arms, so we'll pick it up when we get my dress.  Since it was slow and I really haven't had the time to work on the beading of my dress, I brought it down to be alerted (tighten the mermaid shape, shorten the length, add the bustle).
Mum also came along to see what the dress shop was all about. She talked with the lady at the shop about the styles she was interested in and the materials.  After much debate, and the lady's insistence that Mum pick something that wouldn't make people say "THAT's what the Mother of the Bride is wearing?" (apparently Mum's taste is too simple...), Mum has decided on a scoop necked dress with rosettes and short sleeves made out of a crinkled taffeta.  The lady is ordering samples of blues and greens of the materials from which the dress could be made.  She also suggested a rhinestone or something at the center of each rosette to make the dress, as Eddie might say, pop.
We'll head back to the dress place on May 21st to pick up my dress, Mei's dress, and talk more details and hopefully order Mum's dress.  We'll also probably have Becks along to get her dress altered and maybe Marianne's if she's free too.
I did forget to bring my cheong sam to have that taken in a smidge as well.  Maybe I'll just go to the alteration place across the street from the Highlang house.  A few times on the way to the Stater Bros, I've seen the little, old Korean lady working dilligently by the front windows of the shop with her sewing machine and reading glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment