20 May 2011

To add more to my plate...




So I've been playing around with the idea of these tissue paper pom poms to hang from either the trees or the strings used for lights above the grassy area (where the tables would be).  I'm not sure if they would still look okay even without the lanterns with them...

The poms are pretty easy to make; I watched a video with Eddie's cousin the other evening.  All I need is different colored tissue paper (anywhere from 8-14 sheets depending on how puffy I want them) and a pipecleaner to bind it together. 

I thought that the poms would be a nice addition of color and flowery shapes to the garden (which I fear pales in comparison to the gardens at the Huntington Library that we saw on Saturday).  I think I'd go with purple, teal (if we can find it) and white pom poms - each pom one color, not multicolored poms.  I'm pretty sure I can go to Kohls and get a few packs of the colorful tissue paper to try it out.  I just need some pipe cleaners from Michael's or Joann's.

No comments:

Post a Comment