06 September 2009

A busy Saturday

So we started at Gazebo Flowers for a second quote on flowers. We didn't get the paper with the breakdown, but it cost $2600, which was $200 more than the last place, and we had even cut back on some of the more costly centerpieces. I was trying to maintain eye contact with the lady and eyeball the prices to see how they were different from the first place, buuuut couldn't do both. Next time while I maintain eye contact, Eddie's in charge of scoping out the prices. From what I saw and remember:
Bridesmaid bouquets were the same price
Boutonnieres were cheaper
The pew decoration were $200
The centerpieces were way more expensive! $65 and $85

And Lydia said I chose expensive flowers, which Leslie said was not true because all it mattered was how much you bought in bulk...

I think Eddie liked the really tall glass vases, which I also like because they do add some dimension in the room.

After our stop at the flower shop, we headed to Etiwanda Gardens to see how the room was decrated this time around. It was a simple black and white, with votives floating in a bowl - which Eddie thought was too simple.

I'm wondering what to do with the walls still. They have that hanging fabric...but I've only seen it in white...and that also can be overdone... Maybe using lights or having pictures. Also, I do want to have a projection screen to do a slideshow/video of our pictures.

We also saw a blue and gold room, which Eddie liked the diff colors.

I think our colors are going to be a pastel green and orange. Although, those colors make me think of pumpkins...

We also went to the Doubletree to see what it would look like set up in the ballrooms... But we didn't see much set up because it was early still.

We made our way to Rowland Heights to meet with Fr. Killeen. Eddie was having flashbacks to an Everybody Loves Raymond episode where Raymond was traumatized by having to meet with a priest before marrying Deborah. It wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. Fr. Killeen was looking old, but healthy. And Eddie likes the way he talks. I'm interested in this test he was talking about that was given to the couple about variius issues that would affect married life to see if they were on the same page. Its graded by a computer and then you're given your results to see what you may still need to work through.

I think we're going to check out the flower district next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment